Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI capability of transaction ZTEST not yet classified

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

I am new to ABAP and I am slowly trying to work my way through the jungle of error messages I receive.

I have created a popup program:

REPORT ZTEST.

PARAMETERS:

zuser like sy-uname,

zmessage like SM04DIC-POPUPMSG.

CALL FUNCTION 'TH_POPUP'

EXPORTING

client = sy-mandt

user = zuser

message = zmessage

• MESSAGE_LEN = 30

• CUT_BLANKS = ' '

EXCEPTIONS

USER_NOT_FOUND = 1

OTHERS = 2

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

CASE sy-subrc.

WHEN 1.

MESSAGE i000(zsofie).

WHEN 2.

MESSAGE i001(zsofie).

ENDCASE.

ENDIF.

I'd like to add a transaction code to this program but I receive an error message, no matter what I do. What kind of start object should I pick? And what else am I missing?

Regards,

Sofie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but it does not help. Even if I check them all I get the same message and can not save the created transaction.

Do I need to create some kind of screen or GUI status? What start object should I pick?

• Program and screen

• Program and selection screen

• Method of class

• Transaction with variant

• Transaction with parameters

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

while creating SE93 --->Give Tcode --->change --->after giving all value at the bottom of that screen u will get options of

SAPGUI for HTML

SAPGUI For JAVA

SAPGUI for WINDOWS.

u have to tick , then u wont get any msgs.

regards

Prabhu

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you are creating the tcode in SE93, you can see the Check boxes for GUI capability, check all of them and try.

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but it does not help. Even if I check them all I get the same message and can not save the created transaction.

Do I need to create some kind of screen or GUI status? What start object should I pick?

• Program and screen

• Program and selection screen

• Method of class

• Transaction with variant

• Transaction with parameters

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

you Should Pick program and Selection screen

Regards

Sandipan

0 Kudos

I still get the same error message when checking, but it is possible to save it and run the transaction. Very disturbing...

I am satisfied since the transaction is working, but I am still a bit curious regarding the error message.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, the cause of your problem is due to the missing of Screen Number.

Since you have used a Report program(Executable program) you don't require a transaction code for execution.

If at all, you want to give a tcode for ur program, create a dummy selection screen and assign the screen number 1000 to ur tcode creation and try.

Thanks

Sumi

0 Kudos

Ok,

when I was at the SAP BC400 training they said that you could always use the "default -pre-defined" screen named 1000 for selection screens. Iguess that is not the case...

Thank you for all you help!

Regards,

Sofie

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is your source code, you have an error. The line "IF sy-subrc 0." should be "IF sy-subrc <> 0."

Guy.

EDIT: It seems that < and > are not displayed. Never mind.

Edited by: Guy F. on Sep 17, 2008 1:31 PM