Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid Refresh Problem After Row or Cell Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 10 columns in my grid and 7 of them have SUMS at the end of each column. (wa_fcata-DO_SUM = 'X'.) When I change the cell values or add, delete new rows , the sums of the columns are not updated unless I press the standard Refresh button in the toolbar of the grid.

How can I update the sums after I change the cell values or add, delete rows without pressing refresh button? How can I trigger refresh button action after pressing standard delete row, add row, copy row buttons in the toolbar of a grid?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can call the instance method "refresh_table_display" of the class cl_gui_alv_grid

Hope this solution was helpful

PS : Please award points if helpful.

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi if you are using the OO_ALV method the use the method DAT_CHANGED_FINISHED and after that do REFRESH_TABLE, if you are doing the FM approach then the make the selfield-refresh = 'X' in the perform routine.

Hope that Helps

Anirban M.

0 Kudos

In ABAP-OO context:

It is the event "DATA_CHANGED_FINISHED" of the class "CL_GUI_ALV_GRID" which needs to be handled.

In the implemenatation of the event handler you need to call the method "REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY" of the ALV grid control.

HTH,

Stephan

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Sorry for my late reply.

I was also using "DATA_CHANGED_FINISHED" of the class "CL_GUI_ALV_GRID". But my problem is that : When I push the toolbar buttons , program drops into DATA_CHANGED_FINISHED except add_row, copy_row, insert_row, delete_row buttons. When I push these buttons , my program does not drop into DATA_CHANGED_FINISHED method. What's the difference of these buttons?

0 Kudos

I do not the the difference, but have a look at the eventsd:

before_user_command

or

after_user_command

of class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID

But don't forget to register the events.

For details search the forums/blogs for:

"Easy Reference ALV editable"

Regards,

Stephan