Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphical pc editor not coming in bdc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to make a bdc for mm01 where 'Basic Text' is to be filled in Basic Data 1 view. Clicking on this icon brings me to a screen where I need,if I am not wrong, to write in Editor and Save and then come back to Basic Data 1 screen.

While running mm01 separately ,it takes me directly to the Graphical Form Painter where I can feed in text of any how long length but in bdc it only shows Graphical Form Painter where I donot have the flexibility to give text of very high length.In BDC, even through 'change editor' ,I am not able to switch to the other editor .To further clarify, through the normal MM01, it is possible to switch b/w the two types but not thru bdc.

Pls tell as to how I can write in Graphical Pc Editor in BDC.

Or anyother way of writing this field 'BASIC TEXT' in MM01 through bdc.

Rewards for the right answer sure.

Regards,

Shweta.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

That is not the write way to maintain texts of materials ? u have to make use of FMs <b>Save_text</b> see its documentation to find out its usage.

<b>1.BAPI is the best option in case of Uploading data.

2. i think u already developed BDC to MM01 , So make use of FM SAVE_TEXT to upload data.</b>

Regards

Prabhu

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

That is not the write way to maintain texts of materials ? u have to make use of FMs <b>Save_text</b> see its documentation to find out its usage.

<b>1.BAPI is the best option in case of Uploading data.

2. i think u already developed BDC to MM01 , So make use of FM SAVE_TEXT to upload data.</b>

Regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

does se37 show you the documentation for the FM or some other link ...

0 Kudos

In that case you can use BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA.

<i>does se37 show you the documentation for the FM</i>

yes it will show the documentation of the FM, and if you want to know the details of the parameters of the BAPI you can get the documentation for those parameters also if they are documented.

you can see lot of parameters documented for the above BAPI, click on each parameter and read the documentation.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur doing in wrong way...U have to use create_text & save_text & commit_text...this way u can input long text to materials.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shweta,

instead of BDC, go for BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA

here you have option to pass the material long text to the table parameter <b>MATERIALLONGTEXT</b>

read the documentation on that, how to use and pass the parameters.

Long texts

Description

You use this structure to transfer the long texts for the material.

For information on the meaning of the individual fields in the structure, see the corresponding data element documentation for the individual fields.

Note

Different long texts (basic data texts, purchase order texts, internal comments, sales texts, material memos) can be created for a material. This requires the fields APPLOBJECT, TEXT_NAME, TEXT_ID, and LANGU or LANGU_ISO in table parameter MATERIALLONGTEXT to contain entries. Depending on the content of field TEXT_ID, the field TEXT_NAME must have the following structure:

The material number is transferred first. If it has fewer than 18 characters, the remaining characters must be filled with blanks. If it is a material memo (LTXT), the plant key must also be transferred from character 19 onwards; in the case of a sales text (0001), this must be the sales organization and distribution channel. The combinations allowed for the four different fields are indicated in the following table:

APPLOBJECT TEXT_NAME TEXT_ID LANGU

MATERIAL Matl no. (18 char.) BEST, GRUN, or IVER Language

MDTXT Matl no. (18 char.) LTXT Language

Plant

MVKE Matl no. (18 char.) 0001 Language

Sales organization and

distribution channel

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prabhu/Ramesh/Vijay for your valuable inputs

But I am confused whether to use BAPI or FM....

Also Bapi or standard FM ...this is first time for me... Could you pls explain which all ones to use and how ...in which sequence...sample code would be gr8..

Message was edited by:

shweta soni

0 Kudos

I would suggest you to use BAPI if you upload some other data along with long texts .

if it is only long text then use SAVE_TEXT, COMMIT_TEXT

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

some other data ....well, it is a normal bdc with Material Type, Basic Data 1 's mandatory fields like Material Description etc.. n then Basic Data Text... is this the other data u mentioned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all...i used save_text...i have given points to all