Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Layout Editor not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a question regarding screen painter. When I try to create a new program in screen painter when I click layout it says <b>No response from graphical screen painter-exiting. </b>

In the status bar it shows me like this.Graphical Layout Editor not available Continue with alphanumeric editor.

Can any one suggest me how to solve this problem.

Regards,

chaithanya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

In the initial screen of the screen painter (TCODE SE51), choose 'Utilities' ---> Settings. A pop-up showing the user specific settings is displayed. Choose the tab screen painter. In that tick the check box Graphical layout editor. This will launch Graphical screen painter.

Manoj

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the file EUMFCDLL.DLL is there in the following directory...

<b>C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\sapgui</b>

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Narendran,

Thanks for replying. I could not find the dll file. Is it EUMFC.DLL or EUMFCDLL.DLL

Thanks,

Chaitanya

0 Kudos

Hi Chaithanya,

You need to Re-install the Front-end(SAP GUI) and while installing, select the Check-box Graphical screen painter from the list, in addition to the existing components and then click on the update button, this will install the Graphical Screen Painter and those dll files also.

Cheers....

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ASK YOUR BASIS TO INSTALL THE SAP GUI AGAIN.

I FIND THE ALPHA NUMERICAL EDITOR EASY TO HANDLE THAN GRAPHICAL EDITOR.

EXCEPT FOR DRAGGING THE FIELD.

let me know if you need any assistance reg alpha numeric editor

thanks

venki

0 Kudos

Hi...

Thanks for your suggestions. I will ask my basis consultant and let u know...

Thanks,

Chaithanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too had the same problem. I googled the EUMFCDLL.DLL into saplogin dir.

Then I could access the Screen painter.

Hope this would solve your problem.

Regards,

PHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

In the initial screen of the screen painter (TCODE SE51), choose 'Utilities' ---> Settings. A pop-up showing the user specific settings is displayed. Choose the tab screen painter. In that tick the check box Graphical layout editor. This will launch Graphical screen painter.

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi..

thanks for your replies...Let me check it out and give you a reply....

regards,

chaithanya

0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

>

> In the initial screen of the screen painter (TCODE SE51), choose 'Utilities' ---> Settings. A pop-up showing the user specific settings is displayed. Choose the tab screen painter. In that tick the check box Graphical layout editor. This will launch Graphical screen painter.

>

> Manoj

Hi ,

Thanks you Manoj i Had a Similar Problem and my Problem was solved By your Solution.

Regards,

Ashish Sachdeva

Former Member
0 Kudos

it may not work by just copying the dll file....

reinstall the gui...& ensure the graphical component is checked during installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had a similar issue and we resolved it by making sure the SAP Router has "allow" entries for port 33nn (nn = System Nr.)

Thanks,

Sri Garimella