Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting data from a client independent table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am trying to populate data from ztable to an internal table.

The ztable is a client independent table.

The code i am using is:

select single zmatno into corresponding fields of zstruct from zsalesitem1z where zecrno eq '2'.

zecrno is the primary key field of ztable.

The data is not getting passed.

I dont know how to specify the client in the select statement and if that is causing the error.

Please let me know what is missing.

Thanks and Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to worry about the client. The SELECT you are using should be OK. But are there leading zeroes for zecrno? If there are, try adding them in the WHERE.

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to worry about the client. The SELECT you are using should be OK. But are there leading zeroes for zecrno? If there are, try adding them in the WHERE.

Rob

0 Kudos

You are right. There were couple of leading blanks as i had declared it to be of string type. I changed it to integer type and is working fine now.

I have another question. If i have the application in one client and the table in another client, how do i get the data from table in another client. will i need to specify the client name in that instance.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

No - the table is client independent.

Rob

0 Kudos

CHECK HELP ON

select * from <database_table> client specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved