Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting customer include fields from a structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a structure which may contain some customer include fields, my requirement is to get the field names from the include at run time and display them with their field name and value in a grid format.

The problem here is to get the customer include field name and value.

Thanks and Regards,

Harsh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

all the customer fields will be starting from 'Z' alphabet so populate an internal table with all fields of that table and then choose only those fields where first alphabet is Z.

reward if useful

vivek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but this will not solve my problem as i need the field names, i think there is a function to get the field names but i am not able to find it.

i could have done l_fieldcat-fieldname(2) = 'Z' and print my logic but i need full field name.

Regards,

Harsh

0 Kudos

hi harish

regarding the values i dnt think so there will be a problem

but for filed name i think you should put one more column in your structure and while you are filling the structure fill the value of the index also where you have entered the data.

now take the value in a data and depending on the index field. make an internal table which will contain the index field, name of field, values.

now using the desired index you can get the value of filed as well as the field name.