Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back to the selection screen

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

IF TRUNC( QUANT ) < QUANT.

message E003(zkk).

LEAVE TO SCREEN 1000.

ENDIF.

I want to get back to the selection screen once it gives an error message.QUANT is a parameter in the selection screen.But after giving error message it is giving a blank screen.Even if I give EXIT or STOP also it is reuslting the same.I want to get back to the selection screen if it gives an error message.Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

instead of error message give status message(message type S)

rgds,

bharat.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

instead of error message give status message(message type S)

rgds,

bharat.

0 Kudos

Bharath,

What's the problem if I give it as a error message.I want to stop the user from further processing until he corrects the value of Quant in the selection screen.Can't we achieve this using a error message?

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

HI,

if u give error message u cannot do any further action.if u want to go back to the selection screen, do some modification and then execute again means it is not possible.

rgds,

bharat.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem solved.

It is possible by just giving AT SELECTION-SCREEN followed by if condition and error message.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Put the validation in Start of Selection event with Message type as ERROR. It will work.

START-OF-SELECTION.

IF TRUNC( QUANT ) < QUANT.

message E003(zkk).

LEAVE TO SCREEN 1000.

ENDIF.

Best regards,

Prashant

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SET CURSOR FIELD and please check these demo program for sample codes.

DEMO_DYNPRO_SET_CURSOR

DEMO_LIST_SET_CURSOR_1

DEMO_LIST_SET_CURSOR_2

DEMO_LIST_SET_CURSOR_3

Regards,

Ferry Lianto