Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get net price like simulating sales order

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor

Hi Gurus!

I need to get the net price for a bunch of material as I'm creating a sales order.

I tryed the BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE but this is NOT an option because simulating sales order is too slow (a lot of custom control in User exit and so on..).

There is a way (BAPI / FM) to get only the net price for a material?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

brad_bohn
Active Contributor

Simulation is the correct approach - if you have performance issues with user exits, I would address those. We simulate orders with hundreds of items referenced to contracts with very complex pricing and heavy user exit coding - it doesn't take long. Otherwise, how do you know which requirements/accesses/condition records are triggered for a given set of data (order type/account/material/etc.)? If you have very simple pricing, you might be able to hit a single condition table or a couple of condition tables directly, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Hi Brad,

The customer got an user exit with 30,000 row of code in which there are many customer function read and so on.

We got a bunch of custom conditions (about 15) and I would like to avoid to read too many tables with fix paramters.

Former Member

Try function module 'PRICING'.

You can set a break point in here and take a look at the parameters when you use the sales order create transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have to agree that the simulate call is indeed slow....after all, it's doing everything except the commit work (DB update)... and if you have configureable materials (variants)...that really seemed to add to the time for me. In my case, I had one situation where I used the simulate for pricing the material variants, and when it was not a configurable material, I worked out the logic for which condition tables to read, since that probably takes only a tiny fraction of the time that simulate would require.

Just a suggestion... I understand that, in some situations, obtaining the figuring out which table to read in which situations and getting 100% accurate results is a bit of a challenge.

Break point - would you be willing to share the logic you worked out for pricing simulation / condition tables?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member

Try with transaction V_NL

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no more need

0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Can you share the approach you used to get net price quickly?

Thanks

Vishwas M.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

after 6 years is pretty hard to remember 😕

i'm sorry, i completly forgot the issue and how i solved it.

By the answer i gave, i think the requirement changed so i did not need to do it.
Sorry for not being helpfull