Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzzy Logic for string comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread.

I was wondering if any of you has come accross an algorithim to compare two different strings (or find patterns or degree of similarity) between these strings - Fuzzy type logic

The reason I ask is because some of our duplicate invoices are created because the poster miss-enters the reference number - e.g. 1234A and 1234B. We would like to report invoices based on the similarity of the reference number.

I have heard of the Fisher Wagner algorithm that calculates the cost of the differences (based on whether a character is added / omitted or changed) and the Perl algorithm - which finds patterns based on the degree of similarity; but not sure how they are implemented in ABAP or where I can find the open source code

Your help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Mamdouh

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a few function modules provided by SAP which seem to be for fuzzy searches. ( Look at SE37 ). For classes, again, there are a few: look in table SEOCOMPO with CMPNAME = *FUZZY* to find the classes and methods.

These may give you what you need.

Former Member

Thanks for your help.

I found another function module which has some fuzzy logic in it - not exactly what I was looking for, but helpful nonetheless.

FM: ISH_STRING_COMPARE_FUZZY

cheers, Mamdouh