Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please give me a hand on Function Module, iam unable to get it into my mind, please........any PPT or word document explaning the basic steps would really help me instead of directly going to SAP help or some other link

Thanks in advance

Sue

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check this out

A function module is nothing but a reusable piece of code that can be called from within your code. It takes in some inputs and returns some outputs and probably changes somethings as well. But you want to know when something goes wrong in the code. How will the function module relay that to you? It can send that information as a return parameter(BAPIs and some function modules are examples of this) or it can raise the exceptions that you can trap and do something based on the exception raised. Exceptions are nothing but something unexpected that happened in the function module that is considered as unsuccessful execution of the function module. These exceptions are returned in the form of their integer values. So when you call the function module, you will assign a number to each exception. If that exception is raised in the execution of the function module, then you get a SY-SUBRC value equal to what you set it for. You can then react to it knowing which exception was raised.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Don't have any PPT or word documents on function module right now...but here is a link from help.sap.com which you don't wanted.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/64f623fa8911d386e70000e82011b8/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to address Keith...sorry for the miscommunication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/ docs/library/uuid/ac59107f-0601-0010-be93-e93fdbc75010

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4bc4e290-0201-0010-eba9-dc6a507d...

Regards,

Laxmi.