Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function keys in telnet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a RF Screen with four buttons whose function codes are

F1 for Enter

F2 for Clear

F3 for Back

F5 for Post

First three buttons are working fine,

F5 should be used to Post the document which is not working.

In client system.

and when I try from my system, all the above Key are not working .

Pls advice,

Thnx in Advance.

regds

manohar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu need to assign the Function codes to Functional Keys. Follow the below procedure to assign the custom codes to function keys

Open the PF status of the screen (SE41). Click on GOTO->ATTRIBUTES->F KEY SETTING. A pop up window will be opened. Check the "FUNCTION KEYS FOR STANDARD FUNCTION HANDLING IN LISTS" check box. Now assign the your custom codes to the function keys you want. Use SY-UCOMM to know the event in your program. Handle the function codes as per your requirement.

THis should solve your problem.

Regards,

Vara

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

How did you re-assign the F1 key? Is F1 key now behaving like Enter?

Please help.

Thanks

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu need to assign the Function codes to Functional Keys. Follow the below procedure to assign the custom codes to function keys

Open the PF status of the screen (SE41). Click on GOTO->ATTRIBUTES->F KEY SETTING. A pop up window will be opened. Check the "FUNCTION KEYS FOR STANDARD FUNCTION HANDLING IN LISTS" check box. Now assign the your custom codes to the function keys you want. Use SY-UCOMM to know the event in your program. Handle the function codes as per your requirement.

THis should solve your problem.

Regards,

Vara

0 Kudos

Thanks Vara,

Our systems going down for an hour or so, would try soonest it's back up again.

Appreciate your help,

Danny