Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function group cannot be processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've added a new field to an already created custom table, later added my own code in the TMG event and saved it. When trying to regenerate the table maintenance generator i'm getting an information message "function group cannot be processed". The reason being that the function group is inactive. I tried to activate that function group. After activating, i tried to regenerate the TMG again. Same error is thrown and the function group changed to inactive state again..... What do i do to solve this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Just Go To SE80 activate teh complete Function group will slove the problem. (I did SO)

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try by deleting the TMG and creating it once again.

That might solve your problem.

Regards,

Santanu.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.X

Since you already updated that you have made some code in the TMG event.  So first take a back up.

1. First de-generate the TMG, the respective View.

2. Go to SE14  activate the Table using

3. From that view use the TMG to regenerate the Maintenance View.

4. Then after the successful generation put back your code from the backup.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hey Venkateswaran, I wonder why you mention OP as Mr.X

Going by popular convention of FirstName<space>LastName, OP could be Mr.XXX

Or by hovering on user name, OP can be Ms.Shruthi

0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswaran,

I tried it already,it din work..

former_member184672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have added additional fields to your custom table, please do a database adjustment in SE14 transaction.

Go to SE14 transaction, specify your table name in the 'Obj. Name' field and click on the Edit button. In the subsequent screen, choose processing type 'Direct' and click the 'Activate and adjust database' button. The radio button 'Save Data' must be active to ensure that you don't loose any data in your table.

Then delete your current table maintenance and function group in the object navigator SE80. Then you can recreate the TMG giving in the function group and the TMG will create and activate the function group for you. This shall resolve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarath.

0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

I tried, but it dint work..

When i'm trying to create entries into table, it says a  MV exists and when i'm trying to delete the same, it says MV doesn't exist..Strange!!??

0 Kudos

You need to debug around the MV exists error.

Put a ST05 trace and check tables that returned successful record (at least 1).

I am pretty sure that there is a table which stores name of MV, even though it is deleted.

That table record is leading to your error.

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the function group for a known and valid package. If this  is correct, try to add a text symbol to the function group or change the title of it. Is it possible without errors? Maybe you have used a function group from a foreign system.

Regards,

Klaus

former_member491621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try deleting the Function group from SE80.

Then try to regenerate the function group once again.

This should work. If it does not, can you put some screenshots for better understanding?

Hope this helps

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member

Just Go To SE80 activate teh complete Function group will slove the problem. (I did SO)

0 Kudos

Thank you.