Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function group cannot be processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added a new field to an already created custom table. when trying to regenerate the table maintenance generator i get an information message "*function group cannot be processed*". The reason being that the function group is inactive. I tried to activate that function group. But then found that there were some errors because of which i couldn't activate it . it showed that an Include report was not found. That include is reserved for function group includes. What do i do to solve this problem.

Edited by: Herwin Wilmet Dsouza on Dec 10, 2009 7:58 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best thing to do when you add a custom field in the custom table is to degenerate the TMG, the View and then activate the Table using SE14 (Database utility) and then from the View again use the TMG to generate the Maintainance Views.

Yes, this is a lengthy process but at least this is good as it will ensure that the Function Group is activated and the views will work properly.

Note : If you have added your own logic or code in the TMG for any additional functionality you need to take a backup of the code or all the relevant objects (e.g. Include Reports,etc) as once you do a new generation of the same function groups this will be over written.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to repair the Function Group (SE37, utilities) or create the include once more via double-click.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

I tried the double click. That was when i got this message "include is reserved for function group includes".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best thing to do when you add a custom field in the custom table is to degenerate the TMG, the View and then activate the Table using SE14 (Database utility) and then from the View again use the TMG to generate the Maintainance Views.

Yes, this is a lengthy process but at least this is good as it will ensure that the Function Group is activated and the views will work properly.

Note : If you have added your own logic or code in the TMG for any additional functionality you need to take a backup of the code or all the relevant objects (e.g. Include Reports,etc) as once you do a new generation of the same function groups this will be over written.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

0 Kudos

Thanks Samantak.. Ur solution worked for me.