Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Classic abap FMs to ObjectOriented instance/static methods: reference

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are migrating one of our project developed using classic abap to abap objects.

mostly we are replacing the Function modules with either instance methods or static methods.

for e.g.

if there are FMs like GUI_UPLOAD, SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 are used, after exploring in sdn for abap objects, we realized

we can use cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_upload( ) instead of the GUI_UPLOAD.

send_request = cl_bcs=>create_persistent( ). send_request->send( ). can be used instead of SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1

like that there are several FMs present, is there any easy way where we can find this reference of object oriented methods corresponding to the plain old Function modules of classic abap.

i was thinking, after seeing the blogs of people like Thomas Jung, Horst Keller, they encouraged a lot on abap objects over procedural abap. are there any such guidlines, references present to migrate (rather upgrade) to abap objects from existing procedural abap

thanks,

Madhu_1980

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always think, if the dogs asleep dont wake it up.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always think, if the dogs asleep dont wake it up.

0 Kudos

I always think: Never change a running system.

0 Kudos

I don't think it makes sense to do 1:1 mapping and replacement in your code.

It does make sense to refactor using Object oriented techniques and patterns but it is usually a non-trivial task.