Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Excel Spreadsheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am in need of a specific function module for a customer. Currently I am using "EXCEL_OLE_STANDARD_DAT" but the customer requires a few modifications, such as having the 'leading 0' (example, a wage type is 0100 and excel shows it as 100), i also need to be able to colour a cell inidividually (example column C row 6). Another requirement is that the customer needs for the spreadsheet to load automatically (they do not want to download it from ALV)

As far as I am aware i cannot do this with excel_ole. I have tried using SIMPLE and FULL API but have had no such luck.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

1 REPLY 1

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I remember that once I was able to change color of individual cells using OLE objects. Unfortunately I can not find some my examples but there are some examples here on sdn. Also spread sheet can be load automatically using OLE objects but you have to remember that user has to have installed Office. I am not sure if you can solve your problem about leading zeros.

Martin