Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formating_Error in smart forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I am geting an FORMATTING_ERROR when i execute a smart form, where can i get to this condition or how can i fix it. thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i didn't have a clue as to where this error was occurring, I would start by debugging.

find the name of your Smartform FM, go to SE37 and display it. Do a search for one of your early pieces of code(or something else easily identifiable) & set a breakpoint there.

Step through until you get your error then go fix it.

To find the FM, go to your Smartform & display it.. click Environment -> Function Module Name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try executing the smartform directly from the SMARTFORMS transaction...usually these are errors because of size issues, which you can capture from the fucntionmodule when you execute the smartform directly.

check the defnitions of templates or tables ...mostly they are the culprits for formatting errors.

To debug : you can declare program lines in the begining of different windows and write hard coded break-point statements and when you run the driver program it will trigger these break points

Mathews