Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fm MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using the FM MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE , to create planned orders , when i execute the program i get the message Planned Order xxxx Will be created , but when i check for that in the table PLAF ,there is no such entry .

Can you please suggest what could be the reason for it.

and also is there some documentation for the structure CM61O.

Regards

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT FM immediately after calling MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE...

Regards,

Santosh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not use MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE to create planned orders, Instead use BAPI_PLANNEDORDER_CREATE and after executing this execute BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMITT.

MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE was also called inside the BAPI only so you need external commit to create the planned order to the database. Better you use the BAPI that i mentioned.

0 Kudos

thanks for the reply, but the speciication given to me mentions this FM and secondly when i execute the FM in Dialog mode , and then save press the save button , the Planned order is create in the PLAF table , so my concern is what is the parameter i am missing out when i call the FM

0 Kudos

Do not use MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE as if you have to change anything from the component data you cannot change it using this FM. i.e If you want to change the component material number or quantity that is coming from the BOM you cannot do using this FM. Use the BAPI as mentioned in my previous post. I had used the BAPI many times without anyproblem.

By the way MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE is for Engineering Change Management module of SAP as par as i know and do not know why this is not working for you.

Reward points if helpful...

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thanks you all for the response.

I solved the issue , in the structure cm61o being passed to the FM there is a field called bapix , if i set that as X the the FM creates the planned orders and i am able to virw that in the PLAF table also.

0 Kudos

can you explain me how to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT FM immediately after calling MD_PLANNED_ORDER_CREATE...

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain me how to do