Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding and selecting an option line using BDC logic (LSMW-related?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using ZLGBDC (which I think is custom-made) to record and run batch scripts. For a ZLGBDC code sample, please see below.

I want to find out how to search/find an option line that has a certain value (provided by the batch input file) and select this option line instead of creating a new entry (here in the SAPLV14A section).

ZLGBDC is preferred, but if necessary I could use LSMW instead. I am grateful for any advice, code snippets, or links to where I can find more information.

Thanks in advance.

/Niclas

ME12 X SAPMM06I 0100

ME12 BDC_CURSOR EINA-LIFNR

ME12 BDC_OKCODE /00

ME12 EINA-LIFNR &1 ACCOUNT NUMBER OF VENDOR OR CREDITOR

ME12 EINA-MATNR &2 MATERIAL NUMBER

ME12 EINE-EKORG &3 PURCHASING ORGANIZATION

ME12 EINE-WERKS &4 PLANT

ME12 RM06I-NORMB X INDICATOR: STANDARD INFO RECORD

ME12 X SAPMM06I 0101

ME12 BDC_CURSOR EINA-MAHN1

ME12 BDC_OKCODE =KO

ME12 X SAPLV14A 0102

ME12 BDC_CURSOR BLOCK1

ME12 BDC_OKCODE =NEWD

ME12 X SAPMV13A 0201

ME12 BDC_CURSOR KONP-KONWA(01)

ME12 BDC_OKCODE =SICH

ME12 RV13A-DATAB &5 VALID-FROM DATE

ME12 RV13A-DATBI &6 VALID TO DATE

ME12 KONP-KBETR(01) &7 RATE (CONDITION AMOUNT OR PERCENTAGE)

ME12 KONP-KONWA(01) &8 RATE UNIT (CURRENCY OR PERCENTAGE)

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, ZLGBDC appears to be custom. Anyway, in order to do 'position to' in BDC, the transaction must be able to handle it. There must be a "find" "go to" or "position to" function implemented into the transaction. Do you have a particular transaction in mind?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member

It looks like you are trying to change info records using this. In particular, I think you are trying find a particular condition record on the conditions screen and probably change its value. You may be able to determine the position of a particular condition type in the table control only by knowing ahead of time what the sequence of those condition types is. But this will be very difficult if your config allows multiple instances of the same condition type.

I would suggest to use LSMW. Object 0060 and method 0000 uses the program RM06IBI0 for batch input of purchase info records create and change.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently trying out LSMW for Object 0060 and method 0000

for changing purchasing info record .

But the program (BDC) session not seems to be working.. its stopping somewhere in between ..

Has anyone encounter similar problem before and found any suggestion ?

Thanks .

Regards

Nimesh

0 Kudos

Hi,
I have created an LSMW project for the object 0060 (Info record), method 000.
In the field mapping segment I have allocated 'ME12' to the TCODE field withith the BEIN0 structure for transaction data.
However when running the batch-input at the end, it stops triggering the error message: info record already exists.
Apperently the batch-input is running the transaction ME11 instead of ME12.
Anybody has a similar experience or any suggestion what would be the reason for that?
Many thanks in advance!
Saleem