Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

I have created a screen with a table control, this table control needs to be filled with the content of an internal table when displaying the screen.

If I fill this internal table in the associated report before

CALL SCREEN 100.

Then it the table control is filled when executing the report.

But if I fill it after

CALL SCREEN 100.

or if I call the screen via the transaction the table control is empty.

I have tried filling the internal table in the module called by the PBO but it does not work either.

Thanks for your help

Thibault

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use below

export itab from itab to memory id 'AAA'.

import itab to itab. from memory id 'AAA'.

when you returen back assing this itab to you table contorl table..

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello gurus

>

> I have created a screen with a table control, this table control needs to be filled with the content of an internal table when displaying the screen.

>

> If I fill this internal table in the associated report before

>

CALL SCREEN 100.

> Then it the table control is filled when executing the report.

>

> But if I fill it after

>

CALL SCREEN 100.

> or if I call the screen via the transaction the table control is empty.

>

> I have tried filling the internal table in the module called by the PBO but it does not work either.

>

> Thanks for your help

>

> Thibault

CALL SCREEN 100 calls the screen and all the processing then passes to the PBO and PAI of that screen. Refreshing the itab after the CALL SCREEN is totally useless since this would only happen after you have exited from the screen and returned to your report program.

If you wish to change the contents of your itab after the initial insert that you have carried out in your report, you need to do it in the screen PBO. Look up the SAP help on the flow logic of screens.

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jacob,

Evens said rightly, when you use the statement call screen the system stops processing the PBO of current screen and starts processing the screen that is called.

if still you want the table control to be displayed use it on the new screen that is called provide the declarations are global.

hope this will serve your purpose

Thanks and regards

Ramchander Roa.krishnamraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for your report, screen 100 is the first screen, right?

If yes, you have to fill the internal table first whether you will not get any data.

Because CALL SCREEN 100 will pass all the process through PBO and PAI of that screen.

So if you fill it after call the screen ,it is useless.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Chris