Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields were getting cleared during front level screen validation using Enhancement

yarnagula_sudhir
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to set simple front level screen validation to the TCode: F-28.

The Following are the steps that I've Done.

1. Front Level Validation on BKPF-BLDAT (Date) and BKPF-BLART (Doc. Type).

2. As both the fields are at two different CHAIN and ENDCHAIN, I've done the validation at common point as Implicit Enhancement.

3. After pressing 'ENTER', as per the code, Message Type 'W' Display Like 'E' and Leave To Screen 'FBZ1(F-28)'. It went to the Screen F-28, but the fields were cleared at PBO.

Kindly let me know where I've went wrong during the process. Let me know how to restrict clear.

4. If I going for the below approach, using LOOP AT SCREEN and MODIFY SCREEN. I'm getting the input field in Enable Mode so that I can give the correct input. But even though I'm giving new and correct input, its taking the previous value only.

Kindly let me the correct approach to validate front level screen.

With Regards,

Sudhir.

4 REPLIES 4

Chintu6august
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can make use of SET PARAMETER ID statement before calling the Tcode or screen.

thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I am guessing that you may have missed on checking the possibility of doing this via standard process of creating validations through Tcodes GGB0 and OB28. I would like to suggest you to go by this route and try if results match your requirement. I am not sure whether adding logic to circumvent CLEAR will turn out to be a good solution.

Regards,

Rohan

0 Kudos

The OP is validation averse. See:

But, as suggested in that discussion, a validation is the best way.

Rob

yarnagula_sudhir
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

Its my mistake that I've didn't check the Standard Flow Logic completely regarding F-28 Screen 103 and FB01 Screen 100.

I've found the solution.

BKPF-BLDAT, BKPF_BUKRS, BKPF-BUDAT and BKPF-BLART all are in the same CHAIN ENDCHAIN.

So in the Module->MF05AI00_BELEGKOPF_SPEICHERN and Perform/Include: MF05AFB0_BELEGKOPF_SPEICHERN, I've made the Implicit Enhancement. So that Enabling and Disabling is been handling by standard itself.

No more clearing issues.

Note: But still I have to check with another solution also called Validation Rules GGBO as Suggested.

With Regards,

Sudhir.