Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields change in table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Ihave some queries releted to the data dictionary.

1. If there are some records in the table, then is it possible to change the fields of the table.?Or what happens if we try to change / replace the fields by new fields of the table.

2. How to transfer the data of table from one client to the other client.(say from 20 to 60).

Regards,

Rahul.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If there are some records in the table, then is it possible to change the fields of the table.?Or what happens if we try to change / replace the fields by new fields of the table.

You can change the field names. However, you will get an error. In this case you need to do a database adjust in t-code se14. then come back to se11 and activate the table.

You can retain the previous records but you will loose the value for the edited field.

2. How to transfer the data of table from one client to the other client.(say from 20 to 60).

Goto se16 and select the entries required and capture them into a transport request using menu option Table entry -> Transport Entries.

0 Kudos

HI,

As the previous reply i tried but i was unable to alter my field in my table

Help me in this issue

Regards,

sasi vardhan