Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field validation in ME2xN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to validate the field "Collective No." in the additional data tab against a custom table.

Is there a user exit I can use for that.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method CHECK (Closing Check)

0 Kudos

We're using 4.6C, this BADI is not available in this version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ME2xn -> u mean it is me22n.

Collection No in which Tab. We do not have Add Tab B in PO. It is in sales order.

********Poorna*********

0 Kudos

In transaction ME21N or ME22N we have a tab named additionnal data and the field collective no. is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use field-exit.

0 Kudos

I've tried that, but I discovered that our system is not configured to accept field exit.

Our admin doesn't want to activate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I modified the PAI of the 1229 screen of the SAPMEGUI program.

I added a MODULE to the screen PAI with a simple test code:

MODULE zcheck.

data: strCT like mepo1229-submi.

strCT = mepo1229-submi.

break-point.

END MODULE.

But I'm getting that error:

"Field "MEPO1229-SUBMI" is unknown. It is neither in one of the specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement."

If I am in the debugger I can read that field.

What I'm am doing wrong??

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have put break-point in PAI of the SAPMEGUI 1229 and MEPO1229-SUBMI field it contains value of collection no why can't you.

i am in <b>MODULE event_pai INPUT.</b>

if you got error do not use data declarations just validate <b>MEPO1229-SUBMI</b> using field and move again value from Ztable to MEPO1229-SUBMI.

********Poorna*********

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I have to get the value of the mepo1229-submi to do some processing.

The field statement only validate values against a table or list of values and I can't do any processing in the PAI that's why I call a module.

When I call my module, in the module I can't use the mepo1229-submi, but I can read the value in the debugger when I am in my module.