Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAGLB03 Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am running transaction code FAGLB03 and when double clicking to get to the line item display report(FAGLL03), the transaction code hangs. at the end I get the runtime error: Time Limit Exceeded.(Time Out). When I double click on small items the report fine, only when I drilldown on large items, then the report will dump.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mosimanegape,

we don't have new GL accounting on our current system. I remember the FAGL reports use some generic database selection functions which are already performance-enhanced.

If you face the timeout problems, something with your system/database may be wrong. Please ask your basis people to check the respective alerts/logs.

And still there is the way of setting the online processing time limit higher. By default system paramer rdisp/max_wprun_time is 600 seconds, thats 10 minutes. Try with 1200 and nobody gets harmed.

I think this limit comes from very early releases where you could not stop a transaction.

Regards

Clemens

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems you've choosen a case with too much large number of item...that's all.

You should try to see the item details by trx FBL03N

Max

Edited by: max bianchi on Jan 5, 2010 2:55 PM

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mosimanegape,

we don't have new GL accounting on our current system. I remember the FAGL reports use some generic database selection functions which are already performance-enhanced.

If you face the timeout problems, something with your system/database may be wrong. Please ask your basis people to check the respective alerts/logs.

And still there is the way of setting the online processing time limit higher. By default system paramer rdisp/max_wprun_time is 600 seconds, thats 10 minutes. Try with 1200 and nobody gets harmed.

I think this limit comes from very early releases where you could not stop a transaction.

Regards

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a number of performance related notes for this transaction. Have you looked for any?

Rob