Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend I_FUNDSMGMTBDGTDOCITMCUBE to add Business Area and Text in Eclipse

katherine_fong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to do a CDS Extension as follows -

When I added _FundsCenter.BusinessArea via <cntl><space>, I am prompted to use this field.

So I added the fields as per Eclipse's prompts. But I receive the below errors when I try to activate. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@AbapCatalog.sqlViewAppendName: 'ZFI_CDSEXT_FBITM'

@EndUserText.label: 'CDS extend I_FUNDSMGMTBDGTDOCITMCUBE'

extend view I_FundsMgmtBdgtDocItmCube with zfi_ext_fdbditm

association [1..1] to I_BusinessArea as busarea on

_FundsCenter.BusinessArea = busarea.BusinessArea

{

busarea.BusinessArea,

busarea._Text

}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 REPLIES 3

Jerry_Lowery
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Katherine,

This is part of Developer Extensibility for a CBC-based system (3SL?) - correct?

I would recommend you add the tag
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility

to get better visibility

Thanks

Jerry

katherine_fong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jerry for your advice to add tag SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility

katherine_fong
Explorer
0 Kudos

I figured out how to add the Business Area to my extensions. Since I_FundsMgmtBdgtDocItmCube has an association with I_FundsCenter, I created a CDS custom view of I_FundsCenter. Then in my CDS Extension, an association is created with the custom CDS view of I_FundsCenter to match the $projection.FundsCenter = _zcds_FundCenter.FundsCenter.

Then I could add the _zcds_FundCenter.BusinessArea in the extension.

I could not add as association with I_FundsCenter to my extension since this association is in I_FundsMgmtBdgtDocItmCube.