Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export ALv Output in Excel

former_member258584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing problem while exporting ALV output in excel sheet,,,,,,i have around 300 above record but when i do export->local file->spreadsheet->.xls

then i am getting near about 100 records only.....please let me know if there is any restriction that i have to remove for the same

Regards,

Deepak kansal.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, alv can export upto 65536 rows and 256 columns.

Check SAP Note  700206.:

Increased the Max Size Limit to 65536 rows and 256 columns. For Table and Pivot Table option of Excel Export. This change is available for office integration technology only and no adaption is possible to old SAP

Macros. Import the relevant ABAP patch.

NOTE: If you Export a Large list object there could be a performance problem and the same will be dirctly proportional to the amount of DATA (size of list object) Exported. The Maximum limits with XXL Export: Number of Rows - 65536. Number of Columns - 256. Size of individual cell - 255 Characters.

This problem can occur, if you certain fields have any special character. Check the description and other character fields for any special characters in the output table.

0 Kudos

Can you check downloading as a text file..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check this 1854956 - Common issue with Export to excel

As per your Case # 11. Export to Excel generate a very big file

Regard's

Smruti

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not specify either the version of SAP or the version of Excel, I am afraid I can supply only very general information.

As suggested, look for OSS notes relative to your version. Start with Note 1517329 - ALV Spreadsheet Export: Format Overview and its attachments Overview_Export_Formats.pdf and Compatibility_Format_vs_Appl.pdf, or Note 1178857 - Additional information: Export to Excel functions.

Look also for  SAP Knowledge Base Article like 1854956  - Common issue with Export to excel mentioned by

Also insure you already executed every basic control of your ALV like the Consistency Check.

Regards,

Raymond