Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expalin this smartform error ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a invoice output form . When i run it(F8), i am getting the following error,

Exception FORMATTING_ERROR

Message ID: SSFCOMPOSER

Error in address output (name not filled).

what does this mean ? and how can i correc it ? ( if anyone of you have encountered this before) .

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the breakpoint in the function module created from the smartform.Execute the smartform.Now you can debug your smartform.Check at which point you are getting error.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think problem is with address node, try to activate alll the windows separately, your address window has problem i guess..., some parameters not passed properly..

REGARDS

VIJAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the breakpoint in the function module created from the smartform.Execute the smartform.Now you can debug your smartform.Check at which point you are getting error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Address Node property.:

That is WIDTH, HEIGHT, LEFT MARGIN and UPPER MARGIN.etc

actually this window is not placing properly in the Layout set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

System is unable to fit the address in the given window / data is missing in the address. Looks like the second error is happening. Take a look at the data of the address, the name might be missing.

regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have used the address node and can also see the addres in output.

0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have the same problem and the same situation. Did you solve it?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards.

Andrea Fava

0 Kudos

use the transaction smartform_trace to get more close to what and where the error is!

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note 585736.

Best Regards,

Krishna