Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit procedure after time limit is reached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following requirment:

I call an external Webservice via abap. If this webservice or function call does not answer within 10 seconds, I want to stop the execution of this call and continue with the next abap statement.

The reason is that we are in an online scenario where the user is waiting for an answer. Therefore I want to set a time limit if the execution of the function call is not completely finished within this time I stop it, do some kind of error handling and continue with the further code.

How do I realize something like this is abap e.g.

IF function call exceeds 10 sec stop it an jump to the catch block or raise an exception ...

Thx.

3 REPLIES 3

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can handle it by  setting the time out parameter for the respective web service.

There are some options to set the time out limit in ICM, Basis consultant can help you in this case.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a proper suggestion. Once you call the webservice, then you use statement wait upto 10 sec and then execute the abap statement?

Regards,

Swarna