Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while editing an automaticlly populated record of a custom infotype

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

a query in HR ABAP.

i have created a custom Infotype to store the CTC details of an employee. this custom IT needs to get the records auto populated, when they are created in Infotype 0008.

i have used the exit. EXIT_SAPFP50M_002 inside which an include program is written :ZXPADU02

using this, the records made to get create automatically in the custom IT.

but when we try to modify or delete those records thru the tcode PA30,

it does not allow to do so and throws a standard error message. as below.

Specified subtype is invalid

Message no. PG088

please help me out to fix this issue.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member209703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you marked the option 'Subtype Obligatory' when creating your custom Infotype via PM01 ?

0 Kudos

hi,

my custom Infotype does not have a subtype.

no subtype related detaisl were provided in PM01 while creating the same.

infact, while creating a record manually through PA30 , when on selecting a subtype, it shows, no subtype exists for the custom IT.

0 Kudos

And have you checked the records you created in table PA***** via SE16 or similar to see if there's any inconsistence in the data saved in the database?

Maybe there's been a problem while saving the data, and this can lead to inconsistences, like filling the subty field with inappropriate data, causing this problem when accessing via PA30

0 Kudos

yes.

the entries are successfully created in PA**** when i save them in IT 0008.

i 'm also able to see the records in display mode though the tcode PA30 in the custom IT.

not able to find , where the exact problem is...

please help me find some solution.

0 Kudos

Can you provide the exact point (Include Program) where the standard error is triggered?

0 Kudos

the exact point of the std error is,

i do the folowing steps.

1)_ for auto creating a record in custom IT Pa**** , i goto transaction, PA30, create record in IT 0008 with a basic Pay., click on save.

on saving , the EXIT_SAPFP50M_002 is called where i ve written a Z inlcude Program, which inserts the record in custom IT PA****. this is successful.

2) when i try to change or delete the same record which i ve created as above, through the Tcode PA30 for custom IT, PA

****, i get the error.

hope the problem is clearly mentioned

0 Kudos

did you check the custom infotype attributes in T582A (V_T582A).

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you able to create/update/modify/delete the record in custom infotype? not by EXIT, When the entry gets created in IT0008.