Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Activating the Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created a table name ZEMPLOY11 in ABAP Dictionary containing fields Client [NUM] Carieer [NUM] Firstname [CHAR] and Surname [CHAR] and save it . when i activated this table it shows and error Mesage "Errors occurred during activation". kindly help me out

i have created few more tables and faceing the same problem

Regards

Ammad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly you can see the log for erros to know more specific.

I think you have not mentioned any key field either technical settings or size in enhancement categoy.

But First see the error log , you will get more specific reason.

Thanks,

Smita

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First look on error may be u are not making any key field or not maintaining the technical setting of the table.

Thanks & Regards,

Ruchi Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly you can see the log for erros to know more specific.

I think you have not mentioned any key field either technical settings or size in enhancement categoy.

But First see the error log , you will get more specific reason.

Thanks,

Smita

0 Kudos

hi

i have set the carieer as key field by facing same problem "ENHANCEMENT Category for table Mising"

"ENHANCEMENT Category for include or subtype missing" in addition to that all the field are shown as unknown dowain or not exists

kindly tell me how can i solve this issue

regards

Ammad

0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to either mark your table can be enhanced or canniot be enhanced

This is set in Extras->enhacement category and set either of any options specified.

Then save and activate the table.

Pooja

0 Kudos

Hi,

Enter in the table structure go to EXTRAS button click and then in the displayed menu select enhansement category , now multiple radio button appears click on can be enhanced....

Thanks & Regards,

Ruchi Tiwari

0 Kudos

thanks that error has been removed by it is still nto active now the message is "Maintain size category for table ZEMPLOY11 "

0 Kudos

SO set the table size in the technical setting,it will givea drop down for table size ,set the size accordingly,you will able to activate the table now.

Pooja

former_member242255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there will be some things that you are missing...

pls chek and also you can use SE14 and try to adjust and activate the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammad,

Could you please paste the error what you are getting so that we can help you in a bettre way, I think most probably you haven't assign a key variable while creating the table, so in the screen where you have mentioned the fiels Client NUM Carieer NUM Firstname CHAR and Surname CHAR ,mark client and carrioer as key fields, then try to activate it after setting the technical setting of the table.

Hope now you will able to activate your tables.

Pooja

0 Kudos

Dear Pooja

i have already done that this is the error message "enhancement catagory for table missing"

"enhancement catagory for include or subtype missing" in addition to that error log is showing that all the fields in tables are not exist

regards

Ammad

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you included some structure or anything in this table ?

Pooja

0 Kudos

that issue has bee resolved but i m still facing the prbolem "maintain size category for table " & Table must be created in data base ............... as i read the traspernt table is created in data base as soon as it define in dictionary

regards

ammad

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to technical settings and specify the data class and size category.

Regards,

Nandha

0 Kudos

Have you maintained the technical setting of the table,its data class,the size the screen number etc..I think you haven't simply go to Extras->technical settings.

Pooja

0 Kudos

thank u all i get it done so nice of you ................. for all your help and time