Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when define Transparent table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When I create a transparent table in ABAP Dictionary, after fill Short Description, Delivery and Maintenance tab, I switch to Fields tab.

When I fill the first field (e.g: name TEST), choose Data Element (e.g: S_CARR_ID) --> ABAP Dictionary recognize that: Data Type is CHAR, Length is 0, and Decimal Places is 0.

But, actually, S_CARR_ID has Data Type is CHAR, Length is 3.

So, ABAP dictionary notifies that Number of positions < minimum number (1) for data type CHAR. Then, I can't do anything except exit.

How to fix the problem

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exact error are you getting while activating this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannibal2011,

I do exactly what you've done. I.e I filled TEST field with data element S_CARR_ID, nothing happy SAP shows Data type char with 3 character.

I'm afraid that you define a Domain with fix value and forgot to fill 'No. Characters' in definition tab.

please check and reply if any issue.

regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Thien,

I face the error:

- If I fill S_CARR_ID manually, everything seems OK, ABAP Dictionary recognize that the length is 3.

- If I use Search Help (Press F4, and search S_CARR_ID), the error like I have described occurs.

0 Kudos

Hi Hannibal2011,

I try and get the same error. But do as said, just check and active then everything will be ok

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not an big problem , after completing every entries press the icon save ,check and activate .

"all the best"