Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error TPDA434 when want to save parameters of remote function call?

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to analyse a calculation function between PPM and ECC. the function

DPR_CALC_PROJECT_INTERN is remote called from PPM in ECC but when I go in the debugger into ECC this function I can't save the parameters to reuse in SE37. I get the error. Is there any way on how I can save testdata from remote function calls in or outside debug modus?

Remote Debugging: 'Testdaten sichern' nicht möglich

Meldingsnr. TPDA434

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's related to RFC, but to the limitations for some function modules with complex parameters. It's easy to make sure, by calling the function module directly from SE37 in ECC (no RFC), is the SAVE button grayed out? Add a break-point at the first line, test the function module with empty parameters, and save the test data from the debugger, is it allowed?

The only easy way I know is to add a temporary enhancement at the beginning of the function module to save the parameters yourself, and create a temporary program to run the function module with these saved parameters.

0 Kudos

thanks, no save is not grayed out but when I go in debugging I get the error that not all parameters are allowed to save.

TPDA421

Hope this will be solved soon, the amount of complex nested tables in functions is making it more and more difficult to transfer the testdata or to test function by typing manually.