Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error report in background

former_member647278
Participant
0 Kudos

how come when i run in the background the report goes wrong (with a message text that i have from code) while when i run the report normally from se38 it works correctly?

the report consists of downloading a file from al11 and saving it locally.

could you see it in debug after the report is launched in the background?

I read that in the background it cannot find the local path, can I do something to be able to locate the local path or anything else?

thanksss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1716
Active Contributor

nick.reyan,

Please note that program that deals with front end file Upload and Download cannot be run in background.

This is because the background task is not connected to the front end hence it does not understand the front end file path.

You can use Command JDBG to debug the job, you can find on debugging that the file upload/download will fail in background mode.

Regards!

6 REPLIES 6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You can't access the frontend from a background job.

NB: debugging of a background job via SM37 JDBG runs in foreground, not background.

former_member1716
Active Contributor

nick.reyan,

Please note that program that deals with front end file Upload and Download cannot be run in background.

This is because the background task is not connected to the front end hence it does not understand the front end file path.

You can use Command JDBG to debug the job, you can find on debugging that the file upload/download will fail in background mode.

Regards!

0 Kudos

so it is practically impossible to download the file locally from the background?

0 Kudos

Yes, background task is not connected to the front end hence it does not understand the front end file path.

former_member647278
Participant
0 Kudos

so it is practically impossible to download the file locally from the background?

matt
Active Contributor

This question has only been asked a few thousand times on this site, so thanks for posting it again.