Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Transporting Program Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have received some errors while transporting variants. I have two separate landscapes. Due to technical limitations I could not transport the program from first system to the second one. So we created a new program in the second system directly and tried to transport the variants for this program from the first system through transport request. Now I received an error stating.

R3TRPROG<PROGRAM NAME> original object cannot be replaced

Message no. TW103

Diagnosis

An attempt was made to overwrite an original object with an import.

System Response

The object is not imported.

Procedure

If you still want to import the object, repeat the import with Unconditional Mode 2.

Can you please guide me to fix this error?

Regards,

Swapnil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NAeda
Contributor

HI,

Re transport the same request with OVerwrite Orignals option.

rgds

Aeda

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shwapnil,

Have you used RSTRANSP program to do this ?

Regards

Abhii...

0 Kudos

Yes Abhi, the request was created using RSTRANSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

NAeda
Contributor

HI,

Re transport the same request with OVerwrite Orignals option.

rgds

Aeda

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Aeda, is there no other way of fixing it without overwriting the original? I fear my program created in the second system would get impacted if I chose this option.

0 Kudos

Just check the objects in the transport request (via SE01 or such transaction) there should be only LIMU VARX objects, so no problem should arise.<br />

<br />

<i>If you are afraid, just release the transport request of the recreation of program in the target system, so you will be able to reload the full object from this request (object R3TR PROG)</i><br />

<br />

Regards,<br />

Raymond

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Use the "Overwrite Originals" option when importing ([Starting an Import: Options|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/5c/d21880fe3c11d2b461006094b9ea64/frameset.htm]) If report local transport request is not yet released you may also need the "Overwrite Objects in Unconfirmed Repairs" option.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hey Raymond,

Is there no other way other than "Overwrite Originals". I fear my program created in the second system should not get affected.

Regards,

Swapnil

0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I dont think this will effect the program. As you have said earlier, that you have created same program.

Regards

Abhii....