Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in OutBound IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Iam using PAYEXT message type and using a BASIC IDOC Type PEXR2001 , I have extended the PEXR2001 say for example ZPEXR2001 and added a Zsegment in EDDIKA1 ( Partner Header Data) and added two fields LFA1-STENR,

LFA1-KONZS for configuring two new payment methods .

My Functional Consultant also configured the Program RFFOEDI1 in transaction FBZP for print program which generates IDOCs and we checked the check box for generate IDOCs.

Im using EXIT_SAPLIEDP_902 and writing my code for inserting this new segment Zsegment1 and the two fields into EDDIC table in SEGNAME and SDATA.

I ran F110 and the IDOC is created. But I get a Error Message 26, Which states 1. Mandatory segment Missing

2. Segment Zsegment not identified.

When Analysing the first Status Message " Madatory Segment Missing", i found that a cost field is not populated. So that can be fixed.

I have released the Zsegment1 and released the Extended IDOC Type also.

My Question is , Is it a must that we insert the Segments inorder, If so, whats the Order to be followed ?

How can I make sure that iam inserting my new 'ZSEGMENT1' in the correct place in the USER Exit.

I read some info on status 26 and found that there are 3 possible ways, 1.checking for OSS notes

2. Check customer program 3. check partner function.

I checked all the three. But, i also need to check the User Exit Code. Where am i going wrong??

Please guide me.

Iam using 4.7E Version.

Thanks,

Anita

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use a extension IDOC you will have to define

a custom message type in WE81. Link it to custom IDOC type in WE82 . Create a custom process code in WE41 .

In outbound partner profile WE20 , link the custom process code.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anitha,

If your segment is higher in the order and not under any other segment, then the order in which you insert segments is not significant.

But if your segment X is under another segment Y, then you need to first insert Y and after that u need to insert X.

PS - If this has answered ur Q, remember 2 reward suitable points.

Rgds,

Prashanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

I am working on Message control for Contracts(ME31k)- i keep getting an error- 'No communication data has been defined for medium A' - and after the trasaction its always in Yellow Status ( not processed), I have configured NAce and Output parameters in Partner Profile Please do mail if you know how to tackle this error,

Thanks a lot,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Anitha Babu.

We are trying to generate idocs PAYEXT.PEXR2001 without any extension with the program RFFORI14 but we are not capable of generating any idoc.

What have to be customized to be able to send this idoc with the program RFFORI14? How did you do this?

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

if the yellow status is seen with message '30' 'Idoc ready to Dispatch'. then

process that idoc number using Transaction BD87. then the status will comes in green.

Regards,

Archana

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anitha,

I guess error 'Segment Zsegment not identified' occurred as you haven't linked the idoc extension to basic type and message type . You can do that in WE82.

Idoc segment sequence matters and if you haven't added the custom segment in proper position, idoc will fail due to syntax error.

In the customer exit implementation you can add the custom segment under its parent segment . For this fill the custom segment properly and pass the segment to idoc data record and then append to idoc data internal table.