Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in generated report (Selection screen is too large)

0 Kudos

while i execute the query it is showing selection screen is too large, can anyone suggest me the solution

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

this is the error

matt
Active Contributor

Change the selection screen so it is smaller?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

The maximum width of a selection screen is 83 characters.

0 Kudos

If I select particular field for eg(supplier id ) in output then it is showing selectionscreen is too large, if i select all the remaining fields except the supplier id field then error is not coming

matt
Active Contributor

First, read this blog. https://blogs.sap.com/2010/05/12/asking-good-questions-in-the-forums-to-get-good-answers/

When you've done that, you must supply more detail. Where are you selecting fields? How is the selection screen built? What does the code look like?

If you supply code, then please use the "code" button in the online editor.

former_member598787
Participant

The information you have provided, is not sufficient and little bit confusiing.

Based on what you have provided:

Usually, this kind of error comes, when because of the selection criteria , the value returned is very large- and your system is timing out.

When you are selecting all other fields, you are able to refine the data further

But Like I said, the information provided is insufficent. Elaborate your query further with screen shot or more details