Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error downloading , then uploading of roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Im experiencing the following error when i download a role from one sap system & the trying to upload it to another SAP system.

Error message : "The file does not contain any valid data".

At first i thought that there was a problem witht the role ,but then i asked a work associate of mine to download the role on his machine & send it to me. Then when i upload the role & works fine ?! This happens to any role i try to download then upload ( & its not the laptop im using , cos i tried it on a desktop as well & i still go the same error)

Not sure what the problem could be...any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most probabely a codepage issue. If you search the forum for codepage with this year as the search date range you'll get some useful threads.

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most probabely a codepage issue. If you search the forum for codepage with this year as the search date range you'll get some useful threads.

0 Kudos

Thanks...woll do.

0 Kudos

Oh also , it might be of some help , but i just switched over to VISTA....not sure if this plays a role.

0 Kudos

>

> Oh also , it might be of some help , but i just switched over to VISTA....not sure if this plays a role.

Could be. It's mainly Gui settings as well as a downloadparameter. The latter one can be found using search, for your Gui check this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are several resons for this

1) If you user citrix portal i.e java client to access system remotely(there is a chance)

2) Local Files system issue(it will allow you to save but while uploading it will not detect file types or correct format

3) Permission on your system.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

0 Kudos

> There are several resons for this

>

> 1) If you user citrix portal i.e java client to access system remotely(there is a chance)

> 2) Local Files system issue(it will allow you to save but while uploading it will not detect file types or correct format

> 3) Permission on your system.

All these suggestions are incorrect. Please ignore them