Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing CRM table COMM_PRODUCT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add a Z field to table COMM_PRODUCT. I tried creating an append structure but I could not because the enhancement category of the table is set to "Cannot be enhanced". Is there any other way, other than doing a standard modification, to add the Z field to the table?

We know that standard modifications are vulnerable to getting overwritten during system upgrades. What if I do a standard modification to change the enhancement category and then create an append structure? Will the Z field be lost during in an upgrade even then?

I would really appreciate a quick response.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you exhausted all other ways of solving your problem without the standard modification ? Have you checked all the BADI's, User Exits, Enhancement Spots which might help you to achieve your result ?

The only reason behind this is that modification is a last option as recommended by SAP as it has innumerable disadvantages. So, if nothing can solve your business scenario then look for modification. And also COMM_PRODUCT is a very important master data table which holds all the product data in CRM. You need to do a where-used-list extensively to check where all the table has been used as an interface because changing it will trigger a change in the code across all the places and will result in DUMP.

As a suggestion, you can create your own Z table and can include the COMM_PRODUCT Table along with your own fields. The you can do all your development based on that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you exhausted all other ways of solving your problem without the standard modification ? Have you checked all the BADI's, User Exits, Enhancement Spots which might help you to achieve your result ?

The only reason behind this is that modification is a last option as recommended by SAP as it has innumerable disadvantages. So, if nothing can solve your business scenario then look for modification. And also COMM_PRODUCT is a very important master data table which holds all the product data in CRM. You need to do a where-used-list extensively to check where all the table has been used as an interface because changing it will trigger a change in the code across all the places and will result in DUMP.

As a suggestion, you can create your own Z table and can include the COMM_PRODUCT Table along with your own fields. The you can do all your development based on that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.