Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement assignments disappeared during transport of enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have made some enhancements in SMOD and assign to the same project, I transport TR for each enhancement from development to testing environment, the first two enhancements are working fine in testing system, but then I made an additional enhancement and assign to the project, it does not work in testing system after transport the TR. I checked CMOD in testing, the enhancement assignment is missing while in development system the assignment exists.

In development system 6 enhancements are activated in project ZQM

In testing system only the first two enhancements are activated in the same project

The enhancement itself is active in testing system

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked whether the component is activated in target system for the other 4 enhancement?

13 REPLIES 13

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked whether the component is activated in target system for the other 4 enhancement?

0 Kudos

Hi Jayanthi,

The other 4 enhancements all are not activated in target system.

0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

The project is transported to testing client in your second TR?

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I think the project is transported along with the transporting of the first enhancement.

Regards

Danny

0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

but then I made an additional enhancement and assign to the project

So, as per this you assigned additional enhancements to this project. So, if you want to see this assignment in testing client, you will need to move project to testing client again with changed assignment.

As mentioned below by me, you can add the project to TR using tcode se03 -> Include Objects in a Transport Request  -> using object 'R3TR' 'CMOD' Project.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the same by using GO To->Object directory entry in CMOD for the project.

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Do you mean the screenshot below? Do I need to enter project name in the blank field?

0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Yes. You will need to enter project name in blank field and execute. Then you can give your TR number in which you want to save the project. Then, you can move this TR to testing client.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deactivate the project again and then once again activate component in the enhancement and then activate the project once again and send the transport of the project as well to target system along with enhancement and Component.

0 Kudos

Hi Jayanthi,

Deactivating the project does not generate transport request, how can I send it to target system?

Danny

0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

You can add the project to TR using tcode se03 using 'R3TR' 'CMOD' Project.

0 Kudos

As your project has already been transported, that may indicate that the project is locked in a unreleased  transport request, could you look for such a request with SE03, Search for Objects in Requests/Tasks (R3TR CMOD project)

Regards,

Raymond

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check sequence of transport  import vs sequence of transport release, seems the last import transported an older/outdated version of the project activation. (Object R3TR CMOD <project name>)

Regards,

Raymond