Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypt/decrypt bank details data in vendor master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to be able to encrypt bank details data (i.e. bank key and account) in vendor master record before saving it to the database and subsequently decrypt this data when the payment program RFFOUS_T generates a file in ACH format to be sent to the bank for processing.

If anyone could point me in the right direction (i.e. link to SAP documentation or other resource), I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Gene.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

see below...

/people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2006/11/21/encryption-decryption-of-data-using-abap

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

see below...

/people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2006/11/21/encryption-decryption-of-data-using-abap

0 Kudos

Thank you for responding. Looks like a good solution. I'll try it to see if it works.

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at the following link:

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/function-module-for-encryption-and-decryption.htm

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Thank you Pablo. I'd like to test both - the CL_HARD_WIRED_ENCRYPTOR class in /people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2006/11/21/encryption-decryption-of-data-using-abap and the function modules you recomend and see what works best.

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just for curiosity´s sake, if the purpose of the development is to hide vendor master data to certain users, why not using an AUTHORITY_CHECK or something similar?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I was out of town for a few weeks.

I considered using an AUTHORITY_CHECK, but it'd only work if someone used a transaction code to view vendor master data (i.e. FK03, XK03, etc). A custom report can easily be written, which will bypass an AUTH check and display all bank data.

Thank you,

Gene.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same requirement this year. I am wonder what solution was taken to resolve this issue?

Thanks

M. Grantham