Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Help in WorkFlow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a new user in Workflow.

I have a serious problem.

I wanna to make a work flow for the followin process-

initial step -

user logins to portal.

click a button.

a interactive form generated.

user fills that form.

and submit.

Now from here main workflow starts--

step 1 - that form goes to some Manager for the approval/rejection.

step 2- if approved then goes to system administrator else send a mail to the user with some appropriate reason.

step 3 - if system administrator approved then he/she allocates the CELL number to that person and that number get stored in Infotype 105 of respective person.

else rejection reason get sent to the user .

workflow ends.

I know that this is the huge task ,but if someone can help me than in will be grately thankful to him/her.

plz send the whole procedure from initial.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a simple question with a simple answer.

The portal form should create the event BUS7051.CREATED with a notification number. Your EP developer should be able to clue you in on this.

SAP event linkage (SWE2) needs to be set up linking the event with the workflow. A check function is needed for many workflow might key off a notification event.

Check Function QGN01_EVENT_NOTIF_CREATED_ISR can be used - it checks the scenario code from the portal against view V_SCENARIOXMPO. IF the scenario matches the workflow it returns 0 and the workflow starts.

Function ISR_PROCESS_EVENT and ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET retrieves data from the portal for the notification.

Other ISR_ functions may be helpful. This should be your first workflow step. This step should call a method for BUS7051 that calls the function. You can get a list of fields for the scenario using transaction QISRSCENARIO. I do not know how they get there.

The manager approval using a form will have a workflow task using object EXTSRV and method PROCESS. The standard task you create for this needs to be configured in the portal either in XML or using a transaction for this in SAP depending on your version of SAP.

The next step after the work item is completed is a standard task that executes BUS7051 method SETPARTNER.

Check to see if approved or rejected and continue with the necessary logic. I'm not if there is a function that updates 105 infotype. You may need to create a BCD and call it in a method for BUS7051.

One note - name your new methods good because several workflow from the portal use BUS7051. Don't use GET_DATA but maybe GET_DATA_FOR_CELL_REQUEST.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos

Thanks Paul for ur kind help

Roshan Gupta