Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable ALV error DB 744

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an integer type field in an editable ALV and the field is editable. However when I input something greater than 9 it gives the message

'Entry is too long: : Only 1 digits are allowed in the whole number part.'.

I do not encounter the problem in QA environment. The error is so far occurring only in the DEVELOPMENT system.

If you have encountered this problem and found a solution please help me with this. Thanks.

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Jul 20, 2009 1:45 PM

3 REPLIES 3

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

The domain you are referred to this field has length 1. You must change this declaration.

0 Kudos

Please note that I am able to input a lot of digits in an editable 'I' ( Integer ) type ALV field in another program in the same system. This seems to be something else .

I put the field at the end of the list in the field catalogue. Now the error vanished.

Deleted all ALV layouts and put the field back to its position in the field catalog. Things are normal now. The integer type field accepts all possible Integer type values.

However I still dont know why it happened in the first place ! I have a way to solve it though. Thanks anyway, to those who tried to solve my problem.

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Jul 21, 2009 7:37 AM

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Sep 21, 2009 12:48 PM

Rishabh_Verma
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In case of error for Editable ALV like above screenshot:-

Solution : When you are preparing your Field Catalog method -> set the OUTPUTLEN property of those specific fieldname which are showing this error.

Note : Make sure the output length in your internal table or SE11 table for the referred field is not more than actual field type otherwise it will throw an error. Example - if the field is of type int4 , then it allows values range -2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647 , so if you give value above and beyond that then ST22 will be your next Tcode(pun intended).