Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT_TEXT issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using edit_text (also using create text and save text) ..and put some text for example 2-3 lines and after if i press save at this time its comming back on the first screen, even if i tried separetly with se37 EDIT_TEXT and pass some required parameters, its opening the editor but if i press save its come back the previous screen

but what i want if i press save, It should not be saving that time and also should not back to the previous screen…it should back when i press the back and save only when the save in first screen is pressed it shud save…

Can anybody help me on this....its urgent

thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can do one thing...

I hope you'll be coding in order READ_TEXT then EDIT_TEXT (for new and for read data)

then CREATE_TEXT...RT?

Now you can place your create text in the function code for SAVE in your module..not the standard save in the text editor....

Whn u giv create_text it creates a record in the table STXH with the text object,textname and text id..

Chheck this out...

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Set the import parameter SAVE as space in FM EDIT_TEXT.

Set the Import parameter SAVEMODE_DIRECT = 'X' in FM SAVE_TEXT.

It should work, else try toggling with these 2 parameters with different combinations.

Hope it helps..

Lokesh