Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI - IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am using VF02(Billing) Transaction to generate the EDI-IDOC.

In that I am using ZRD3 Output Type(Invoice). When i enter this O/P type in VF02 -> Goto -> Header -> Output then Save the Application the IDOC will be created.

I am using IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC Function Module (Process Code SD09).

My Problem is . In the Idoc E!EDP08 Segment didn't populated .

so, How can i debug and trace this while updating data in the segment .

If i put a Brak-Point in IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC Fun.. Module it didn't stop. As it is running in the background process, i also tried running the program RSNAST00 by providing the necessary parameters but to no avail.

Please help me .

Thank You,

Venkat

10 REPLIES 10

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create your output, before you save the invoice click on 'Further Data' and choose 'Send with periodically scheduled job' instead of 'Send immediately'. This way the output is not processed at save and if you run RSNAST00 at that point you will be able to process the output then. Don't forget to set the breakpoint in the function module before you run RSNAST00.

Hope that helps,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

It didn't stop at the break point in RSNAST00 and the FM IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC.

Can u suggest any more method to debug the IDOC ( Becoz the Segment E1EDP08 is not filled or populated while creating IDOC)

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever Mike has mentioned should work. Anyway there is another way Instead of "Send with periodically sceduled job" chnage it to "Send with application own transaction" and then go to VF31. Give the invoice number and execute . Select the proper output type and then click execute. Do not forget to put break point in IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC before running VF31.

You can give it a try.

Regds,

Rudra

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the execution of RSNAST00 does Idoc get generated... Could you please check you selection criteria to RSNAST00 is actually selection the data to process..

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For the RSNAST00 , u mention the follwing things,

Output application ,Output type ,Transmission medium and put the beark point in the selection screen .Try this menthod

Regards,

Bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

put a break point in the edi_processing of the program rsnast00 and see.

It also might be that the place where you have put a break point might not be reaching at all when the code is executed.

So try to put the break point in the first line of the function module and then see if it is stopping there.

regards,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wanted to Debug the IDOC function module then follow the following steps:-

1. Trigger the EDI output in VF02 transaction and then select that output and click further data tab and select processing mode as Scheduled job(ie option 1).

2. Execute the program RSNAST00 by giving the output type, application, invoice number and get into debug mode of that program.

3. Now you are debugging the RSNAST00 program, in the debug screen, you see a break point tab, click that now you can put a break point in your own function module in that give your function module name IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC, then it will stop in your requested function module.

This is the way how you debug an outbound IDOC function module.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to the Function Module IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC. Then, perform a Global Search for CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION statement. You'll find a list of all the Customer Functions Called in the Selection Program. Now, Select the

CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION '002' which will take to your the Customer Function Call.

Put a Break Point here before you save the Billing Document. This is a Customer Function in IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC where all your IDOC data will be available in the Form of INT_EDIDD. Also, in this Customer Function , you can add your Customer Enhancements to the Existing IDOC.

During debugging, when the Segment Name comes as E1EDP08, you'll be able to see the Contents of E1EDP08 if it is populated.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

wa

swatisoni18
Explorer
0 Kudos

click on va02 output type and select further data option ->send by own .

Then use VF31 transaction to execute your billing number ..

Directly it will hit exit.