Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse quit unexpectedly

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

The initial motivation for me to start to use Eclipse was network issues, in GUI if there is 1 ms network(VPN) drops, the GUI sessions gone, and if you are editing and not saved, all lost.

I started to eclipse because it is not working as the same logic SAP used to work. ( and afterward in MAC it is known fact that SAP is not capable of providing proper GUI, especially for Developers, so Eclipse really fills that gap)

Thanks, SAP making the Eclipse more miserable now, if my VPN drops for few seconds, eclipse is crashing. and quitting unexpectedly.

Version: 2023-09 (4.29.0)

Build id: 20230907-1323

1 REPLY 1

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the eclipse logs to find out what the cause is? Or the Apple operating system logs?

What versions of which software have you installed in Eclipse - especially the ADT version?

What VPN are you using? Do the VPN logs give a clue?

What version is your Java install? Have you check the Java logs?

Have you tried doing a clean install of Eclipse+ADT? Do you get the same issues?

The point is you've many points of failure. You need to find out which one is causing the problem. It might be nothing to do with SAP. It might be nothing to do with Eclipse.

I've been using Eclipse (in Windows) for a long time now, and I've never had Eclipse just quit.