Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

anyone have eCATT material?

how to write abap code in testscript?

if anybody knows send me with example.

Regards,

bala.

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need more materials with details.

Regards,

bala.

0 Kudos

if you send me your email add then i well send you a good ppt.

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

can you send me some ecatt doc. ? my client want me to use catt automate multiple transactions, I think ecatt can do that, correct? my email address is : <Removed by moderator>

thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi guru..

i got a requirement to migrate data using eCATT.

but am very new to ecatt..

can u send me any material regarding this any ppts...

thanx in advance...

regards,,

prashanth

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krithika

Within the SAP online documentation you will find an

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/de/e6/7aa03b14ce7426e10000000a114084/content.htm">eCATT Tutorial</a> showing you the basics of eCATT.

For documentations of the eCATT commands have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/1b/e81c3b84e65e7be10000000a11402f/content.htm">eCATT</a>.

Writing ABAP code in eCATT is quite simple. The only thing you need to do is to define an ABAP section.

ABAP.
* start coding in ABAP !!!

ENDABAP.

However, there is one point which will baffle beginners of eCATT. You can define parameter for your test script:

- I = importing parameter

- E = exporting parameter

- V = local variables

Importing and exporting parameter are only visible to the eCATT interface but not to the "ABAP interface" (inside the ABAP. ... ENDABAP. section).

If you want to use exporting or importing parameters within the ABAP section you must move them into local variables. Local variables are visible both to the eCATT interface and the ABAP interface.

So, your coding in eCATT should look like this:

* I need importing parameter in ABAP section
  ld_value = id_value. " move importing -> local

ABAP.
* do something with ld_value (id_value would 
* give syntax error)
  ld_value = '10'.  
ENDABAP.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give yourmail ID I will send you sone nice Docs on eCATT

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

My mail id is <removed by moderator>. I will be thankful if you could mail me the documents related to ecatt.

Thanks

Giridhar

Edited by: Mohan Kumar K on Oct 8, 2008 8:11 AM

0 Kudos

Can anybody have ppts or some documents related to ecatt ???????

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you send the ppt to me also,

Thanks in advance.

Suresh

<Removed by Moderator>

Edited by: Mohan Kumar K on Oct 8, 2008 8:14 AM

0 Kudos

Dear Posters,

- Please do not ask to send you an email.

The question you ask and the solution to it is often also interesting for other users of the community. If you ask somebody to send you the answer per email, you deprive others of also learning to know the answer. Therefore any requests for sending material or answers to an email address will be modified by the forum moderators.

In addition, do not use an email address as a user name. These will be removed as well. Email addresses can be added to a Business Card or wiki profile. Their usage in the forums is inappropriate unless we are referring to sdn@sap.com

Please read [Rules of engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] before you post any threads on SCN

Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write ABAP code in eCATT , but in between ABAP and ENDABAP statements only.

The variables that you have declared in ABAP ... ENDABAP statement are not accessible outside. So you have decleare a local variable in the eCATT parameter decleartion.

You can use IF statement and counter in TCD.

For details go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/e81c3b84e65e7be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u pls send me those documents to ,<Removed by moderator>.Thanks