Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ean11 is being updated automatically when doing a save in MM02.​How can i trace that ?

0 Kudos

(could be some code added in user_exits by another programmer ....)

6 REPLIES 6

srikanthnalluri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You may find it by debugging. Use the option "Configure Debugger Layer" in the debug screen to put the break point in Z objects.

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Mohammad, but which is your final aim?
Which is the scenario?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did the debugging but i cannot see any modifs on the table MEAN being made (fields are updated).I reach one line which says commit (abap command) and teh fields are updated.

0 Kudos

Simone,

My aim is to stop that updating which is adding a zero to each upc number.

I wonder if it is in some settings somewhere ???

0 Kudos

Still why?
EAN11 is an international code set by rules and international organizations

Why do you want to override it?
Anyway, you can check how the EAN is set up in your system in the following branch of customizing

HI All,

(I will close this issue now)

I have an update on the situation.The data was wrongly entered by mass update and many were wrong entries.What happens is SAP applying its rules and no coding issue.When SAP doesn't find that EAN11 and NUMTP fields match, it takes the first matching NUMTP in list.

Why does the system change the EAN types, even though the EAN fits into the interval?

-------What i found on the Net

Check your Customizing for inconsistencies. The number ranges must be maintained correctly both in Transaction W4ES and in Transaction W4EN. The intervals must not overlap. Ensure that leading zeros are not written to the database.

A further option is: Truncating leading zeros and check digits are before the type is checked. Therefore, the EAN can fit into several intervals. The system takes the EAN type that it finds first. This should also be taken into account in Customizing.