Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynammic data Passing to Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts....

Plz help me in Search help...

I am using search help in a screen field...for material code....which give me matnr, maktx... but what i want is these info must be validated with the plant code which is to be entered by the user......

so plz guide me how to achive this.... shall i have to use search help exit.....if yes then how......if possible give sample codes....

i am new in exits so plz also give me step by step process to achive this...

thanx in advance....

Vaibhav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You can use search help exits. You have to create a function module with interface

same as F4IF_SHLP_EXIT. Do your validation during the callcontrol-step = 'DISP'.

Regards,

Aravind

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You can use search help exits. You have to create a function module with interface

same as F4IF_SHLP_EXIT. Do your validation during the callcontrol-step = 'DISP'.

Regards,

Aravind

former_member194623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

From you description I feel that you want search help for material code to be restricted on plant code field (as per user entry).

I have posted a similar kind of solution in one of my replies, follow the given link and look for reply posted by "<b>Manish Joshi</b>"

Regards,

Manish Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sir,

i am not getting u?

Actually how i will resrict the values as per user entry...

let me explain whole senario....

In my first screen user chose his plant.......

on my next screen where i am using table Control where i assigned a search help in material code.....

now what i wnat is these material which is populated in search help is only of the concern plant ie all the material on that particular plant is populated.....

i know i have to use Search help exit....

but i am new in abap so plz guide me in this respect....

how it should be achieved....

plzz help me...

thanx in advance..

0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Why are you pushing for a search help exit, even if you can do the same stuff without it.

Follow the procedure:-

1. Create a search help Txn SE11

2. Enter selection method - Table MARA

3. Assign Import parameters - PLANT

4. Assign Export parameters - MATNR...

5. For example have a look at search help - DD_SHLP_FD. It shows FIELDNAME based on TABNAME.

Assign search help to your field:-

1. Suppose structure for your internal table be ZSTRUCT.

2. Go to Txn SE11 - 'ZSTRUCT'. Select MATNR field, click on "Search Help" button

3. Enter search help name.

4. In proposal assign PLANT parameter to the structure / table field by which you have declared plant field in your screen.

Hope it is clear to you now.

Regards,

Manish Joshi

Message was edited by:

Manish Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SIR THIS TIME I GOT U?

But mara doesnt have any field like werks(Plant code)......and also if it was there then how should i control the data.....because user dont want to filter by them selves....

i want he have to select it though a dropdown.....

and accordingly my search help populate data.... so that he may not eneter any invalid info...

plzz help me.....

give me ur no (Manish ) i want to talk to u or come in gmail so that we will cominicate each other.... my id is vaibhav1183GMAIL.COM

Message was edited by:

VAIBHAV GUPTA

Message was edited by:

VAIBHAV GUPTA

0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Use table which tells you about which material is assigned to which plant in selection method or else join this table with mara to create a view and then use this view as selection method.

Furthermore, user will not filter explicitly. It will happen transparently no matter whether is the plant field a dropdown or a normal input field.

Rest all remains same as I explained.

Regards,

Manish Joshi

• My gtalk id is mj.manish.joshi

0 Kudos

But Sir How can i use my internal table in se11....... it is having different fields which are of different ztables and also user have to enter the values.... i am not populating at pbo.... event....after pai i am using these values to save in my z tables.....

give me detail infoo how it works step by step...

thanx for helping me.....

i have send u request plz accept it ant lets discuss....