Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement ..

I need to develop a report, which takes the TABLE name as input. and the user is able to dynamically select the fields he wants to filter the entires, and the report gets generated displayin the table entries,

so ideally SE16, can someone give me inputs, how do i go about this ?

This we are doing for some security reasons

Awaitin' your valuable inputs

Thanks !

8 REPLIES 8

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

IT would be much easier to give authorizations to SE16. In fact, SE16, does not build the selection screens on the fly, rather the programs are generated.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Even better, how about this little program?

report zrich_0001 .

parameters: p_table(30) type c.

call function 'RS_TABLE_LIST_CREATE'
     exporting
          table_name = p_table.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Rich,

Thanks for your reply. !

I figured this out earlier but we need to have authorizations for diff. plants/ sales org and stuff like that.. so we need to have the dynamic selection thing..

the FM generates code on the fly but this would not help us...

Any code you can post for generating dynamic screen selection..

thanks !

0 Kudos

Is your primary purpose for this development purely table contents display? Is it basically to restrict people's access to certain table contents? Simply create your own custom authorization object, check for it before you call the function module that Rich gave you. Take away SE16 or SE17 transaction code access from everyone and make them go through your customer ZSE16 transaction code. You don't have to go through the highly complex SE16 logic for achieving that.

0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

my whole objective is to restrcit people from accesing some table entries..

eg:

there is a issue in this approach,

what you are saying is :

1. create authorization object, based on if he is allowed to acces a plant data

( eg: table marc, werks field ) at this point you dont know which plant he would enter in the sel. screen

2. then call the FM which gives him se16 table acces wide open

3. he can then see any entries, based on the "werks" for any plant and for some plants he does not have acces to see the data,.

i hope you understood the problem..

The problem is that FM generates the code at the background and then at the screen things are wide open.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhruv

OSS note 947557 has added an authority check to the function module

RS_TABLE_LIST_CREATE. So from that version on if the user doesn't have access to SE16 this function module will not work for you. You'll just get an error message about not having access to transaction SE16.

Anyone know a way around that ?

0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

Have you found a way around this problem?

0 Kudos

yes i was able to solve this prob.

use FM... FREE_SELECTIONS_INT followed by FREE_SELECTIONS_DIALOG..