Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic date formatting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a function module or some other method (in 4.6C) that can write a date in a format supplied dynamically? I searched in SE37 but I don't find what I'm looking for and most of them aren't documented

I know of the addition to the write command, but it seems there you have to hardcode them - it's not what I'm looking for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there a just 3 entities in the date field, the day, month and the year, there are 3C3 permutations, making it a total of 9 cases, so why dont you combine the CASE statement with the EDIT MASK(in the WRITE statement) option.

I feel it would be much better than the Function Module, as only a single line would be executed making it more efficient.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there a just 3 entities in the date field, the day, month and the year, there are 3C3 permutations, making it a total of 9 cases, so why dont you combine the CASE statement with the EDIT MASK(in the WRITE statement) option.

I feel it would be much better than the Function Module, as only a single line would be executed making it more efficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using CONVERSION_EXIT_PDATE_output

or output we convert date format.

and also using SET DATE MASK u can convert date format .

after display that .

if use full reward points.