Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic date calculation on selection variable not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup the selection variable for posting date with current date minus 1 for transaction code FBL5N. When I schedule the background job, the posting date for this report remains static. Thus the dynamic date calculation is not working as expected. For example, if I set this job to run daily from 01.12.2006, it runs daily but the posting date on it does not change, thus same report output.

I do not think this issue needs the setting for TVARV and the standard SAP functionality should work. Checked OSS notes too. We are on Basis 620 and APPL 470.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Follow these steps:

You can do it as follows:

After executing create the variant

Step1: Click on save

Step2: Enter variant name

Step3: In 'Field attributes' select/Click 'Selection variable (i.e 'L') related checkbox.

Step4: Click on 'Selection Variable' button

Step5: Then select 'Selection criterion' as 'D' (the middle one)

Step6: Click on down arrow and select 'Current Date'.

This will set system date variant.I think this will solve your problem.

Kindly reward if helpful.

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created a dynamic variant, where you have configured a parameter for dynamic selection.

The process of how to do the same can be found here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c0/98038ce58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm

Regards

Ravi

Note - Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I am also facing Same problem, after i save the varient by giving the dynamic date calculation variable in dynamic selection screeen its not reflecting while i schedule the job

and if i again invoke the attributes the check box is flagged off after for the dynamic date calculation, if you found the answer for this please let me know

Regards

Kiran Telur

E-mail:Kiran.Telur@gmail.com